Freitag, 2. Juli 2021

Paint Party Friday: Woodland Animals and New Watercolor Paper

 Hello and welcome for Paint Party Friday!

I started a A5 mini series in watercolors with wood animals, maybe for hanging on the walls of our new house. Two are finished so far, a fox and a roe deer. All are painted on Canson 300g/m² paper with White Nights watercolors.

Love how the fox jumps while hunting mice! Some of you might know him already from Thursday Art Date with Rain, where I shared him for the "Jump" theme.

 
Both would look great framed and side by side on the wall.

 
Although I think I got the coloring of the roe deer right, it looks a bit plein to me, like I should have worked on the shading a bit more. But it's still a learning process.


This week I also got some new watercolor paper and ofc I had to try it at once. Beach scene! I really, really want to go and see the ocean this year. Hopefully it is possible. Really like the paper and will use it often in the future. Also used White Nights watercolors, as they are my favorites now.

 
Have a great weekend everyone and make sure to visit all the other artists for Paint Party Friday!

 

10 Kommentare:

  1. I love your beach scene!!! Very pretty! The grass is so well done! :) Your fox and deer are lovely and I agree, would look great framed next to each other!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Wow!!!! These are fantastic!!! That ocean scene is the best. What kind of paper did you get? Have a great day today.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Nicole, I got this one from Arteza. Bought it via Amazon. https://arteza.com/dp/5-5x8-5-watercolor-pad-3-pack

      Löschen
  3. Lovely artworks! The seascape looks so pleasant!😊

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Love the fox and deer but my favorite is that glorious beach scene!! I can't wait for our next beach trip. I hope you get there this season. Happy PPF!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Simply gorgeous! All are wonderful pieces! Happy PPF!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Lovely beach. Sea gull? Flying in
    Happy weekend

    Much💜love

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Beautiful Paintings, love the sea scape.

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Beautiful paintings - wow! You are so very talented! The fox is my favorite!

    AntwortenLöschen