Donnerstag, 1. Juli 2021

Thursday Art Date with Rain: Miniature

Hello and welcome! Today's theme for Thursday Art Date with Rain is "Miniature".  

I chose whales. They're not really miniature you say. Yes, they are, if you try to squeeze them onto bookmarks, which are only 4.5 cm wide and 15 cm high. *LOL*


I did the outlines with waterproof ink and then used watercolors for coloring. The paperstrips are leftover from bigger watercolor paper sheets I once cut off and didn't want to throw away. Rounded edges look nice on these. Just need to decide if they should get some nice ribbon or not. 

Also sketched out some more whales. I tried to stay in the 4.5 cm squares, but it didn't work out for some of them. *LOL*


Another miniature thing is my travel watercolor box and the mini sketchbook I made to go with it. Aren't they cute?



Thanks for visiting my bloig and please make sure to visit all the other fantastic artists joining Thursday Art Date with Rain!

6 Kommentare:

  1. Klasse zu Rains Thema!!! Ach ich liebe Wale und Delphine und das hast du so schön gezeichnet ob bunt oder in Bleistift.
    Schönen Donnerstag wünsche ich dir!
    Lieben Gruss Elke

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hey miniature whales! Of course and they are beautiful. Have a great day today.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Lovely miniature art
    Happy Thursday

    much ❤ love

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. I LOVE that you painted whales for this theme! Great job on the minis...I have such admiration for those who can draw and paint small like that, my hands are too shaky and twitchy. I'm not surprised your Blue Whale didn't fit into the frame, she's much too big to be a miniature! :)))

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Well your are back again this week and I'm so glad to see you here. Love your drawings of the whales (uh, miniature whales). For being so small the detail is spectacular :) I think a small blue ribbon and a small black ribbon would be a nice touch on your bookmarks, and yet they are fine as they are. Not sure I could make that choice :) Love your little paint box and journal ... this has been fun indeed. Be safe and stay well ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    AntwortenLöschen