Freitag, 29. Januar 2021

Paint Party Friday: Butterflies and Squirrels

 Hello and welcome back for Paint Party Friday! I have to apologize to all who tried to visit the last week. I had massive problems uploading photos to Blogger and the blog was loading very slow, caused by the huge photos files. I think I solved the problem, so thank you for your patience!

So back to art business! :) When I mess up something big time, then I hesitate to try again. But failure is part of the learning process, right? When I started this watercolor squirrel postcard I really liked the beginning....


Until I completely messed up the fur. Fur will be the death of me. Really, i simply can't paint it. Maybe watch more Youtube videos might help.


Yesterday I tried the same squirrel with colored pencils. And wow, I like the fur much better. Not perfect, but a lot better. And isn't he cute? Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed! *LOL*


Since I want to get better with colored pencils and even got myself a nice set of  Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils, I need to practice more. So I started this Small Tortoiseshell (in German this butterfly is called "Little Fox"). Will take some time to finish, but I'll post progress pics.


If you like art and want to see more of it, visit my fellow bloggers at Paint Party Friday!


15 Kommentare:

  1. Das sind wunderschöne Zeichnungen, ob in Farbstift oder Pinsel alle zwei gefallen mir sehr gut!
    Der Schmetterling ist *wow* grossartig diese Feinheiten wie ein echter sieht er aus.
    Lieben Gruss Elke

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Two very beautiful paintings. Lovely textures you created. Anesha x

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Cute squirrel, love the tail. Pretty butterfly already.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Your squirrel looks lovely. And the Little Fox butterfly is pretty. The polychromos are vivid and beautiful.
    Enjoy the weekend.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Good morning, I love both squirrels but I can why you like the one with pencils better.
    I am brand new to painting-tried it a bit last year and do enjoy the watercolor pencils allot
    Happy Friday Kathy

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Wonderful art, both pieces are lovely. Happy, Valerie

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Wow you have really capture this little guy, both in paint and color pencil. Great art for sure. You have a way with animal art. Have a great day.

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Some folks might say you are kid of squirrely. Ha, ha, ha Love all your work.

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Both your squirrels are wonderful!! Love the fine details of your colorful butterfly. Happy PPF!

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Love your squirrel and butterfly. I prefer the coloured pencil one as well, fur is difficult to paint.

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. The third squirrel painting is my favourite
    Happy PPF

    much💖love

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. I love your squirrels!!! I also think that fur is a challenge and I find that it always looks better (for me) when I use pencils rather than paint. Congrats on getting the Faber Castells! I just splurged and got the full 150 set of Prismacolor Premier Pencils, I'm supposed to get it today! Woot!! :) Pretty butterfly!!

    AntwortenLöschen