Mittwoch, 5. August 2020

Paint Party Friday: World Watercolor Month and Inspiration by Soma

I didn't realize it is World Watercolor Month, unless I read it on another PPF participants blog. So it's a happy accident, that I was inspired by the wonderful Soma of Whims and Fancies last week to pull out my old watercolor kit, which I got back in school. I read through the first part of her watercolor tutorial and watched some videos. One video made me want to start NOW, so I painted these flowers, lavender and black-eyed susan. 


Later this week I felt the urgent need for the beach........since I live about 700 km away from the sea in each direction, I had to draw me some beach. Beach scene one was inspired by a card design, a fellow member posted in one of my FB crafting groups. Ink pen and colored pencils.


I then found some beautiful watercolor paintings of seagulls online. I didn't use water colors, but colored pencils again on this scene. A little bit of vacation at home.


To get back into something like a daily drawing routine, I made some sketches, before I started working, first cup of coffee in hand.

Bild

I also took the little squirrel sketch and made it into a watercolor painting. So cute! We love squirrels over here.


Also shared this falcon with Thursday Art Date, hosted by Rain.

Bild

Not sure, what made me fall in love with Bluefaced Leicester sheep. Maybe it's their floppy ears or their HUGE noses or maybe their fleece (which makes for some fine yarn).

Bild

This week was lots of fun and I can't wait to read part 2 of Soma's tutorial on watercolors. Linking up to Paint Party Friday!

24 Kommentare:

  1. Lots of beautiful art today. The watercolours are beautiful. I still have my tin of watercolours from school, too although it's more than 50 years ago. The squirrel and the beach are my faves today. Happy PPF, Valerie

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you, Valerie! Was definitely fun and I think I learnt more during this week about watercolors, than I ever did back in school. Art teachers just weren't teaching back then. Happy PPF!

      Löschen
  2. My faves are the gull on the post and the squirrel in watercolours.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Beautiful watercolour piecez
    Happy Friday

    Much👩‍🎨love

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Wow! you really got into the art this week. Well done my friend. Sorry you are longing for the beach and it is so far away. As you know I live just a few blocks from the Pacific Ocean. Nice to visit not to live by. LOL Have a great weekend.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Yes, I was on a roll this week. :) Yes, I know, that living by the beach or any other big lake or river isn't easy, as it is usually run over by tourists during summer.

      Löschen
  5. That are wonderful drawings!
    Happy weekend , Elke

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Your seagull and the squirrel are my favourites! I am trying to keep up with the watercolour month too but have not been able to do it each day though.
    Happy PPF! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you! Happy PPF! And yes, no way to keep up each day with Watercolor Month!

      Löschen
  7. The squirrel is cute but I somehow think it's more of a rabbit but mostly because it's quite pink on my screen.

    Have a lovely day.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. *LOL* It's more a light brown in the original, but might be from photographing it. Have a great day, too!

      Löschen
  8. beautiful drawings and watercolor art! I miss the beach too....
    happy PPF!

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Beautiful paintings and drawings, all of them! You have really inspired me to get back to daily drawing / painting, even if something small.

    -Soma

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks, Soma! Yes, drawing something every day is my goal, even if it is only a small piece. But it's not always easy.

      Löschen