Samstag, 8. August 2020

Thursday Art Date: Abstract

Rain was so kind to add my falcon from last week's theme to this week's post. I promised to be on time for this week and here I am. Thanks for being so kind and patient with me, Rain! :)

This week's theme was "Abstract". Uhm, yes, I think abstract is always a tough one for me, as it seems I can't get a hold of it. So I did an online search for inspiration and came across the page of a German school, where kids in 7th grade did something called "Farbfeldmalerei". Have a look what those kids did (age 11 to 12). I fell in love and tried my hand at my own color field painting. I named it "Under the Sea", as I still feel the need for the beach and a vacation by the sea (which will not happen this year).

 I used a pencil and my pair of compasses to do the initial construction of the fields, then used Golden Acrylics I once got from a dear friend. Really loved to paint with them. 

Sharing with Thursday Art Date!

1 Kommentar:

  1. I love your "Under the Sea"!! The colours are perfect, and what a nice inspiration you got from those kids! :) I haven't been to the beach in ages, probably at least 10 years!

    AntwortenLöschen