Donnerstag, 20. August 2020

Paint Party Friday: The Barn Owl and MiniMal Tutorials by Doro Kaiser

 Hello lovely people and welcome to Paint Party Friday on my blog. Lots of things to share again. Painting and drawing are the things, that keep me sane during the last weeks (together with knitting squares for my sock yarn blanket).

First thing to share is my barn owl. It started out last week as a "10 minute art warm-up" and I thought it would look good in watercolors. So here the first test painting with background and the first layer of color. This is a new experience for me, as I usually finish my drawings in one session.


And here it is all finished. I added two more layers of color and some details with an ink pen. I'm still not good enough to add those details with a paintbrush, but love the effect of the ink pen. This looks a lot lighter than the first photo, as I photographed this one in bright daylight. I have another version of this owl started on thicker watercolor paper. Love how it turned out, but there's a long way to go.



Later this week I came across another fun page with mini painting tutorials for all kinds of flowers and fruit. Since I didn't have my watercolors on hand, I chose to give them a try with my PITT brush pens. The mini tutorials by Doro Kaiser can be found following the link above (the description is in German, but the photos are self-explaining).


And too good not to share here again (after I already shared with Rain's Thursday Art Date) is a challenge I came across this week, too. Draw a circle around a coin ( in the original challenge it was a 2 euro coin with 1"/2.5 cm diameter) and then draw something inside the circle. And only inside the circle. There were so many funny pieces and you can find them under #ichgebeauf. I did three little night scenes and added a bit of color with my watercolor pencils. Love how they turned out!


Happy PPF and enjoy all the beautiful pieces of art!

39 Kommentare:

  1. Lovely art again, the owl is my fave, but the flowers are very pretty, too - a good exercise.Happy PPF, Valerie

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. They definitely are! You can paint them over and over again for practice. Happy PPF!

      Löschen
  2. Wonderful this owl and the little Flowers!
    Happy PPF, Elke

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. You captured the graceful movement of the Owl perfectly, a magnificent creature. Your coins with their night skies are fab little creations but my favourite has to be your field studies of fruit and flowers, what a great tutorial to have stumbled across. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Wishing you a very happy & creative weekend Tracey xx

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Finding these little tutorial gems is always fun. Something you can try immediately. Happy PPF and have a great week!

      Löschen
  4. Happy PPF, Nice owl sketches

    Much💝love

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Happy PPF. Your work is so beautiful. Have a great weekend.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Delicate paintings. I prefer the beautiful collection of flowers.
    Happy PPF xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. I enjoyed seeing the owl come to life in stages. Well done!

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Lovely art, I tend to finish in one session too. The odd time I will make enhancements days later.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Yes, sometimes I tend to do this, too. *LOL* Thanks and Happy PPF!

      Löschen
  9. The owl is wonderful. Love seeing the progress. Fun little flwoers!

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. I am so loving your art. You have take it in so many different ways. Hope all is well there.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks, Nicole! All is fine here, Hope at yours, too. Happy PPF!

      Löschen
  11. Lovely, I can't make my mind up which I like the most, they all have their individual qualities.

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. I would love to befriend your owls. Pretty flowers and the coin challenge looks like a lot of fun!

    -Soma

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. that owl is beautiful! Love how your little paintings turned out using the Pitt pens- nice and vibrant. And oh what tiny circle art- the scenes you got on such a small space is super! Happy PPF!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you, Linda! The coin challenge was really fun to do. Happy PPF!

      Löschen
  14. That owl is incredible, but those flowers are gorgeous, too. You draw and color SO well!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Awww, thanks! But still a long way to go. Al least it feels like that. :)

      Löschen
  15. Hi Kokopelli :) Your owl is just lovely! :) And thanks so much for Doris' link. Google can translate the site to English, I just checked out that tutorial and it's something I'm going to do! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  16. cool, you too have a bird, a beautiful owl. They are so hard to paint and you did great. I have not tried an owl yet. :) Your MiniMal art looks great. Thanks for the link, I have small pieces of wood I can experiment with :)

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you! Oh, would love to see those painted wood pieces! Great idea!

      Löschen
  17. That owl sketch is lovely but I was struck by those miniatures you painted. Would definitely try them. Tc.Stay safe.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Oh, can't wait to see your try on miniatures. :) Thank you!

      Löschen