Donnerstag, 11. März 2021

Thursday Art Date with Rain: Space

 Space! What a fun theme and so close to my heart! Not only do DH and I love to watch SF series like Star Trek, but once worked for a firm building satellite communication equipment (Dad worked for them and DH still does). How much would I love to travel to foreign planets! And since I can't do that, I created these beaded planet pendants and earrings about ten years ago, when I was more into beading.

The first is Pluto. The clay faces and cabs were also made by me and I still love them so much.


The beautiful Venus! That's one I still wear now and then. Beautiful soft colors.


These are Phobos and Deimos (fear and terror), the two  moons of Mars.


And this is Mars himself.


And here's beautiful Mother Earth, our home planet. For now. :)


And here's the sun. Bright and beautiful colors!


The plan was to create all the phases of the moon, but I only made two. Full moon....


....and new moon.


And last but not least this beautiful pendant with the Space Shuttle in it. Since I was a child, I watched every new start of the Space Shuttle with my Dad, bringing new satellites and equipment to space, to the Mir and to the ISS. We were horrified about the accidents iin 1986 and 2003 with the loss of so many lives. And then the end of the Space Shuttle programme. :( The space shuttle you can see in this pendant, was once a stamp of the German post. I glued it to a glass cab and made a beaded bezel, backed with leather. One of my favorites in this series.


Sharing this post with Thursday Art Date with Rain!



7 Kommentare:

  1. WOW!!! these are absolutely gorgeous

    much❤love

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. how lovely! I too love space and the solar system. It was so good to see your jewelry of the planets and moons. Wonderful! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Diese Plantenanhänger und Ohrringe sind alle wunderschön, da hast du deine Sehnsuchtsgefühle hineingetan, grossartig und so kreativ bist du.
    Schönes Wochenende wünsche ich dir!
    Lieben Gruss Elke

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. What beautiful and artistic jewelry ... and I too remember the fate of the Space Shuttle and keep hoping that it will be revived again ... maybe soon as we are still sending astronauts to the Space Station. Loved this post ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Lovely jewelry post for the space theme.

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Oh my gosh...where to start, these are SO BEAUTIFUL!!! I am in love with Mother Earth...the colours...and Mars himself, he is a handsome fella! ;) You do such beautiful work Kokopelli, what a great take on the theme!!! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. These are beautiful. I have no desire to go to out space. LOL

    AntwortenLöschen