Freitag, 5. März 2021

Paint Party Friday: Time is running!

 Hey everyone! I missed out on all the art posts over the last weeks completely. But this week I'm back with many new things to share: sketches, paintings, art challenges, spring greeting cards!

First quick sketch is is the Frauenkirche in Dresden. From February 13th to February 15th 1944 Dresden was bombed by British and US air force bombers and approx. 25'000 people lost their lives. The church burnt down completely in these days, but was rebuilt from 1996 to 2005 and reconsecrated in the same year. Every year on February 13th we remember these days and we say: NEVER AGAIN!


The brown paper, you can see in these two sketches, was rescued from the recycling bin in office. I thought it looked like cool stuff and I tried some sketches on it. And it really is cool stuff. The snow owl with white and graphite pencil turned out really nice. It was my entry for a Twitter art challenge.


I also played with watercolors. Trying a robin with a less detail and lighter color application. Really like the look of this one.


Then there are my usual quick sketches with pencils. I went through my stash of all kinds of pencils and found the Kooh-I-Noor Progresso graphite pencils. They are wood free pencils and I really like to draw with them. Little Marsh Tit here.


Another art challenge on Twitter is #1hour1sketch. You usually get a photo or an other inspirational picture and then redraw it in less than 1 hour. Last week's challenge was a macaw.


I also sketched out more garden birds to eventually use for watercolor paintings. A Goldcrest,....


....a European Green Woodpecker,....


....a Nuthatch and....


....a Bullfinch, that seems to be very angry.


I also drew some crocus to try out different brands of colored pencils. Made these two beauties into greeting cards, perfect for sending spring greetings.


Sharing this with Paint Party Friday!

11 Kommentare:

  1. Love seeing your studies and having so many in one post makes it even more a delight. You sketch and paint those birds extremely well.
    Thank you for sharing and Happy PPF Tracey x

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Beautiful drawings and pencils. Love the owl! Hugs Anesha

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Good score on the paper from the recycle bin at work. All of these are just beautiful. I love the barn owl. Have a great weekend.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Fabulous art, love the birds and the one of the crocus.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Love it all so much especially the snow owl.

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. beautiful drawings! My favorite is the little marsh tit- so sweet. Happy PPF!

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Your bird sketches and watercolors are beautiful. We have snowy owls here very rarely, though I did see one in a not-far-away farmer’s field once. Do you paint by observing the birds, or by using photos?

    be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen