Donnerstag, 18. März 2021

Thursday Art Date with Rain: Diagonal

 I really need to learn to NOT always focus on painting and drawing, when it comes to the themes for Thursday Art Date with Rain. *LOL* I was thinkiing so hard about what to draw for "Diagonal". 

I'm doing lots of crossstitch lately and finished some items during the two lockdowns we had in Germany so far due to Covid. My latest piece is a small tablecloth I had in my stash unfinished for several years now. The edging was sooooo time consuming, but now I'm on the homestretch with just two corner motifs to go. That tablecloth is even double diagonal: Celtic knotwork and cross stitch.

That's the center motif, designed by German embroidery designer Ellen Moschitz.


And since I wanted smaller corner motifs, I downsized the knot myself.

This tea towel is another lockdown finish. It sat in my stash for several years, too. This will not go into the kitchen , but be used as a tablecloth for one of my smaller tables I have in my apartment.


This table cloth was also finished some weeks ago. I started this during a vacation in Italy in 2000 (!) and ran out of embroidery thread. A friend, who lives there, helped me hunting for the correct colors of thread at several markets and small shops and we managed to get all the correct colors.Love how this one turned out. Smells like summer. And reminds me to make some jars of lemon curd. :)


And last but not least I finished these little framed pictures with half cross stitch. They will look great in my new kitchen. :)







11 Kommentare:

  1. Gorgeous! From the cross stitches to the kitchen towel ... I love them all!
    The little framed pictures, will be very nice in your new kitchen ... will you let us see the final result?
    Enjoy your day!
    Hugs!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you! Yes, Ella, I'll show the final result for sure. But first our new house needs to be finished and the kitchen built. Will take some time for sure. :)

      Löschen
  2. Your cross stitch is a delight, such beautiful pieces. I never thought of that, I have a lot from m 'early years'. Have a great day, Valerie

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. You found some incredible examples of diagonal. They are incredible, including the cross stitching. SO very, very impressive. I also love the towel. Beautiful examples, all.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Nice responses, your cross stitch is delightful. I haven't done cross stitch
    in such a long time

    Happy you dropped by my blog

    Much💜love

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. I love that you are featuring fibers for the theme had never thought of that and thought it needed to be only paints-Your work is gorgeous

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. It's beautiful embroidery, I love it and I used to do it too. Great the pattern shapes.
    Have a good day , hug Elke

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. You are so talented. My favourite is the first one.

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Wow! Is there anything you don't do? LOL These are treasures. Well done my friend.

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Wonderful work. :) My favorite is the tablecloth. I like the design and the Celtic knotwork.
    Take care!

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Wow!!! Your stitch work is GORGEOUS. Seriously. The tea pot is so cute...I love the designs on your table cloths! I honestly don't have the patience to do Celtic knot work...I knit myself a hat one time with a Celtic design and I nearly drove myself insane lol!!! Great pieces!

    AntwortenLöschen