Donnerstag, 11. Februar 2021

Thursday Art Date with Rain: Film Noir

 Hello and welcome for Thursday Art Date with Rain! Wow, Film Noir was a tough one. Of course I heard about the genre, but I couldn't name a single movie from it (ask me for last week's theme "Western" and I could have named 100 *LOL*) . So I did, what I always do, when I have no idea or inspiration. I did an online search and looked at Rain's inspirational post. And then pulled out my collection of graphite pencils and charcoal.

Sadly I had no black drawing paper, as this drawing with the white lines would have been fun done with white pencil on black paper. So instead I used Gioconda Negro charcoal pencils on white paper. I really like how it turned out.

 
Second drawing is from Rain's inpsirational post for this week. The "femme fatale" caught my eye, but phew......the shading on this one was so hard to capture. But here she is with Kooh-I-Nor Progresso graphite pencils. Those pencils are woodfree and I really liked to draw with them.


 I used spray fixative on both drawings to make them last. The black fingers are something I really hate about drawing with graphite and charcoal. *LOL*

 

5 Kommentare:

  1. These are fantastic, so well done. You captured film noir perfectly!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I love both your portraits, especially the Femme Fatale! She looks mysterious and deadly, as any Femme Fatale should.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Wow you did a fantastic job on this one. These are just excellent.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Oh wow...I love both drawings, but your Femme Fatale is spot on! Very well done!!! Oh the black fingers lol...there are black finger prints all over my house lol

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. You aren't alone ... this wouldn't be the first time I had to go to Google to find out just what exactly "Noir" was. Once I figured that out, I knew many movies I could draw on, but wasn't really successful with it. Always fun to learn new things ... and the black fingers part, yep, it can be messy ... especially on everything you touch as you make your way to the soap and water :) Nice job ... I love your Femme Fatale :)

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    AntwortenLöschen