Freitag, 2. Oktober 2020

Paint Party Friday: You asked for pigs.........and more birds!

 Hello and welcome for Paint Party Friday! Thank your for all the lovely comments on my bird sketches last week. I didn't manage to visit all of you, as life got in the way, but promise to try and visit the blogs this weekend. 

So last week many of you asked for prints of the wild boar and since I fell in love with it while printing, here you are. The first two are test prints and the blue one got such a nice marble effect (paint wasn't mixed properly *LOL*).

Then I tried to make a four-patch colorfield print, like I did with the bumblebee and the lady bird some weeks ago. Messed up one of the prints big time, so I cut out the rest and maybe can make them into some cards or notes.


I was disappointed, but DH encouraged me to make another one ("Those materials don't cost a fortune, so go for it!"). Love how it turned out and maybe I will hang this in my office.


Then I ad this idea with a line of boars. It came out different than I imagined, but when it was dry, I was surprised that you can see all six pigs. It was a fun project and maybe I try another one, with the colors more sorted and the last one in black.


And of course there are more birds. I made the little wren sketch into a linocut and printed it. The test print came out fine and I colored it with watercolors. The little guy has something to say. *LOL*


Then I got inspired by a Christmas card I found online and tried my hand on a linocut of a robin sitting in a holly bush. I learnt a lot cutting this one, did test prints, cut some more and finally was happy with the outcoome. Still a lot more to learn, but here it is, with some watercolors to add interest. I wll make this one into Christmas cards.


Happy Paint Party Friday everyone and have a great weekend!

19 Kommentare:

  1. Wonderful prints, you can make so man things with lino cuts. Happy PPF, Valerie

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. the prints are wonderful! I love your wild gang of pigs and your bird and with beautiful the print!
    Happy PPF, Elke

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Bold and beautiful pigs and birds.
    Love them!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Wonderful prints! Lovely work. have a beautiful Friday!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Oh so wonderful-all of your work!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. so interesting... what an eye for line you have

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Bravo, luv them all Kokopelli
    Happy PPF

    Much💓love

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. These are awesome creations ~ excellent ~ both the pigs and the birds !

    Live with love each moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Love how the wild boar prints came out! Your brown bird is sweet, and the Christmas linocut is super- what great cards it makes! Happy PPF!

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. I love the mottled piggie, and what sweet birds!
    Happy Paint Party Friday!

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. how wonderful! So good to see what you are doing and how. Sometimes "bad luck" is good. Love the nice marble effect on the first pig. :) It is gorgeous :) Thanks!

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. Nice to see you visit, and liked, my post from last week. Thanks!

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. Daggie these are fabulous. Oink Oink those pigs are AWESOME!! You are talented is so many venues. Enjoy your day.

    AntwortenLöschen
  14. Hi Kokopelli! :) Your pigs are just AWESOME...I'm so in love with them, especially the line of pigs!! Your bird is very cute! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  15. Oh WOW , I love these pieces of art. Your robins are brilliant. I havent done lino art since I was at school. Used to love the hours spent carving it out. Thanks for dropping by my blog, Hazelxx

    AntwortenLöschen
  16. Loved the bird. Colors change the feel of the work altogether. Beautiful creations.

    AntwortenLöschen