Freitag, 4. September 2020

Paint Party Friday: Frog Tape and Color Fields

So, there is again a lot of art to share on this Paint Party Friday! Drawing and palying with my art materials keeps me sane these days. :)

When I watched water color painting videos on Youtube I see a lot of artists using masking tape to create a kind of clean frame around their work or block certain areas from color. I had some Frog Tape in my stash, so I gave it a try. Worked great! I painted some watercolor paper with color fields and added my linoprints of a bumblebee and a ladybug.

 

Love how they turned out! I think I need to get some frames and hang them on my wall.


I also created more woodland animals for my series of woodland animal linocuts. You already know the little fox from last week and I explored, what else can be made out of a simple pencil sketch.


Watercolor pencils as a test, before I use the expensive watercolor paper.


And then "real" watercolors. I think I'm finally gaining some confidence in my watercolor painting skills. Love this cutie! I painted him on a watercolor paper postcard. Turned out nice I think.


Then I finally did, what the fox was intended for: a linocut. Again I used some Frog Tape for the background and then printed the fox on it. Really like the effect of the colored background with the black prints.


I did another test with watercolor pencils and will paint this deer on a postcard next, like I did with the fox.


The second woodland animals was a wild boar. This is no 6 in the woodland animals series. I really struggled with the wild boar. The first one went into the bin and the second one almost too. But here it is. Will show you, what I did with the deer and the boar next week.


Have a great day and enjoy all the beautiful pieces of art for Paint Party Friday!

32 Kommentare:

  1. Loving all your projects but especially like the fox!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you! The fox is my favorite, too. Turned ot so cute!

      Löschen
  2. Lots of beautiful art. Using tape to create frames is a good idea, but I don't do it for art journaling, that needs to stay 'wild' for me! Happy PPF, Valerie

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. True! Tape is not for everything. Sometimes there's no ned for a sharp edge or frame. Happy PPF! :)

      Löschen
  3. What cute linoleum work and beautifully painted, I love this animal world!
    Greetings Elke

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you! I love this animal world, too. I can draw and paint anything I want, but I always come back to animals, especially the ones living in the woods around me.

      Löschen
  4. All your animal paintings are great. My favorite is the pig! The winged insects are good. too.
    Happy weekend xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Terrific images, and expert work with watercolor! My hands can’t do linocut, but I admire the results. Especially love your fox. Great work!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you for the kind words! Yes, linocut can be hard on the hands. I started with cheap knives and had to rest my hands a lot, as the knives weren't really sharp. Now I upgraded to some Pfeil knives and they are great tools. So much easier on the hands.

      Löschen
  6. Luv the prints on watercolout paper. Bright and beautiful. Two more animals but still i luv the cudly red fox
    Happy PPF

    Much👩‍🎨love

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you! I hung the prints on my bed room wall. They make me happy when I see them. The fox seems to be the favorite of many people, here, on FB and in Twitter. Happy PPF!

      Löschen
  7. Love everything, the little fox is my favorite :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Lovely work, taping the edges always makes creations look very professional no matter the subject. I love the cute little fox, she looks very cosy. Lovely work.
    Happy PPF Tracey x

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Yes, I felt like a pro taping the edges. *LOL* Exactly my thought and I love how the edges look. Thanks!

      Löschen
  9. These are all lovely. That fox is so sweet.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you, Jean! I love that fox, too. Turned out cuter than I ever expected. :)

      Löschen
  10. Der kleine Fuchs ist so süß und ich mag die verschiedenen Wege, wie du ihn "verarbeitet" hast. Die Spirale ist ein schönes Element, mir gefällt, dass sie auch in den anderen Tieren auftaucht.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Danke, Carola! Ja, die Spirale war eigentlich nur ein Element für den Celtic Hare, aber gefiel mir so gut, dass ich sie für die ganze Serie von Tieren eingesetzt habe.

      Löschen
  11. The bees and ladybugs looks amazing. But....My favorite is the fox. It looks so comfy when sleeping on it´s tail :) Love the deer to.

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. These are really wonderful. I lean towards the woodland creatures, but I guess the bees and lady bugs are woodland creatures too. Thanks for all the well wishes for my eye recovery. It is slow.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. I love the woods, so yes, woodland creatures for me, too. But in the end I love all the critters big and small. :)

      Löschen
  13. Oh! The fox is cuter with the paint!! 🙂

    AntwortenLöschen