Freitag, 29. Oktober 2021

Paint Party Friday: Is It Fall Already?

Good morning for Paint Party Friday! I didn't share my art here for some time, as life got in the way. We're building a house and do the interiors for some weeks (putting up wallpapers, painting, laying tiles etc.) and my husband got injured in the process, so he can't use his left arm for some months. So it was all up to me and my lovely parents and parents-in-law, who helped us so much. We are very lucky to have them!

But back to art. Although I didn't have much art time, I painted and drew some things. For example this barn owl on Strahtmore Toned Tan paper. Got it yesterday and love it already. The pencils were Faber Castell.


Then I drew/painted some squirrels. On the parking lot in front of my office building, there are some nut trees and those little guys are busy right now collecting the nuts. This one is drawn with colored pencils.


And here's the same motif with watercolors. Fur is still my weak spot. :/


A Youtube tutorial and some fellow artists in Twitter made me try the salt technique on watercolors. I think it gives a very nice effect. I painted this leaf and while still wet, I sprinkled fine salt over it. The fun is, that the painting still glitters a bit, when the dried salt is removed.


Also painted this winter motif after a YT tutorial and sprinkled it with coarse salt. Love how the background turned out.


Made some of the drawings/paintings of the last weeks into cards for Christmas and for other occassions. It's always good to have some in store. :)


Have a great artsy weekend!
Sharing with Paint Party Friday!




12 Kommentare:

  1. Beautiful art. Good luck with the new house, Happy PPF, Valerie

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. How beautiful, I do not know where to start as every piece is a pure work of art with so much detail. I seem to have missed seeing your work but i;m so glad to see so much together in one post.
    You are such a talented creative.
    Happy PPF Tracey x

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Beautiful paintings, so sorry about your husband. Good luck with completion.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Beautiful paintings- I especially love the owl drawing! they do make wonderful cards. best of luck with your new home. Happy PPF!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Love your paintings, can't make my mind up which I like the most.

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. These are stunning pieces. Congratulations on the new house. Hope your DH gets better soon.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. I had never heard of the salt technique
    with water colours. I will try it.
    Happy PPF

    Much💜love

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Beautiful artwork and lovely cards.
    A new house—how wonderful.
    Happy PPF!

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Your drawings/paintings are wonderful!!!! Fantastic!!

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Fabulous painting, love all of them.

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. Gorgeous, all of them, especially the owl! I really like using the salt technique with wintery snowy backgrounds, it looks great. Elle/EOTC xx

    AntwortenLöschen