Freitag, 13. August 2021

Paint Party Friday: Regaining Confidence

 Hello and welcome to Paint Party Friday!

After my pencil desaster at the beginning of the week, I worked on some pencil drawing to regain confidence in drawing with pencils (and not being afraid to sharpen them! *LOL*). Derwent customer service reacted at its best and will send me a replacement tin of pencils right away. Didn't expect that, but LOVE a good customer service (as I couldn't find the receipt and couldn't remember where I bought the pencils).

Soooooo, here are some drawings I did this week. A pied wagtail with Derwent pencils.


Then I used a Staedtler pencil I found in my stash, as a fellow Twitter artist recommended them. Proud how this hare turned out. Isn't she beautiful?


I adore ravens and so I tried one late last night, but was too tired to get the shading and all his feathers right.


Lots of other art stuff besides drawing happened this week. I cut a passepartout and finally framed the birthday gift for a very dear friend. She paints, too, and I have one of her paintings, so it was time to gift one of mine to her, too. I painted this robin after a painting by Ralston Gudgeon, a Scottish wildlife painter I adore. Framed and with the passepartout it looks just perfect!


I also had a nice art exchange with a talented fellow Twitter artist and she sent me some amazing ATCs. The rabbit is too cute, but the lovebirds! You know I own a pair exactly like these two.


She also sent me some goodies: nice paperclips, some blank ATCs for paper tests, a nice card and some tea.


Last, but not least I bought myself some new pencils and a watercolor book with lots of small motifs, how to paint them and some basic knowledge about watercolor painting. I'm sure I will post some of the motifs I painted from the book. ;)


Have a great weekend with some time for art and stay safe!


8 Kommentare:

  1. Beautiful art and art news! Good for you getting the pencils replaced!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. What a wonderful post. I love that rabbit. It is exceptional, well all of your art is. Have a great day today.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Nothing like a wonderful, art filled post and a happy resolve regarding your pencils! the rabbit is my fave:) Happy PPF!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. I love Derwent Kokopelli! I have many of their pencils. I'm glad they helped you out. Your raven is especially gorgeous!!! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...we are sometimes our own worst critics, your shading is lovely! PS Thanks for mentioning those are SANDY'S birds, not mine!!! Some people just look at photos quickly and don't actually read the post! ♥

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Bravo for your art exchange. I did atc exchanges a few years ago with paint part artists. Lots of fun

    Happy PPF

    Much❤love

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Fabulous art , love the drawings.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Thank you for the lovely ATCs and the beautiful card, Dagmar. Kisses!!!

    AntwortenLöschen