Dienstag, 19. Januar 2021

T stands for.....lots of snow and sock knitting!

Ah, look at all the winter gorgeousness at my place this and last week. I think it snowed more than in the past 10 years together. And I LOVE it! Definitely a winter person, when it's the season. That's the view from my garden door. In the pots on the right you can see the green kale covered with snow.


DH and I still do our daily walks (doing it for 8 months straight now) and we enjoyed the winter wonderland we found in the woods. Some kids were sleighing down the track.


And since I finished the rainbow shawl last week, it was time to pick up another WIP. The first sock is finished meanwhile and I'm on the cuff of no 2.


And what goes best with some serious sock knitting? Yes, a good cup of coffee with some fine crema. OK, this is actually my office coffee cup. *LOL* But I knit socks during my lunch break, too. Can't go out for lunch with my co-workers, as everything is closed right now. 


Oh yes, under the cup you can see one of the mug rugs I created with scraps of dyed fabric and stamped with my owl linocut. Not sure if I showed them to you, but might be. I took them to office with me, as I didn't use them at home. In office they are perfect for placing water caraffes, glasses, cups etc. on them.


Sharing this with Bleubeard and Elizabeth over at ,,T stands for...."!

9 Kommentare:

  1. I'm a Summer so the snow makes me cry. I love the sock colors and your mug rug is cute and practical. Happy T Day

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Hi, snow is so pretty. we have not had much of any so far this season.
    Your socks will be beautiful-I love the colors, and I really love your fabric coasters
    Happy T kathy

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Your winter wonderland does look beautiful but I am so happy that so far this season we only have had one big snow. Just more rain with warmer temps:) I used to always have some kind of craft to take with me to work and work on during my breaks too. At that time it was mostly cross stitching on canvases or hand towels. Would love a coffee crema with you. Happy T day!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Your snowy walk looks so pretty. Glad you are able to enjoy it. Your knitting looks great too, and I really love your idea of a mug rug. I need to make one of those. What a super idea. I hope you had a wonderful T day. Hugs-Erika

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Your knitting is impressive. The lacy pattern on the sock is neat.

    be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Wow! on the snow. Mr. M. and I use to love the snow too, until we got old. LOL Love your knitting and your cuppa. Have a great evening.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Wow, the snow looks so beautiful - love it 😁. I bet those socks keep you cosy and warm and the colours are gorgeous and your dyed fabrics are amazing! Sending you Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. My sincere apologies for being so late visiting. I have been caught up in the inauguration ceremonies that have been going on all day in my country. It actually started yesterday and I got caught up in the festivities.

    I'll take winter over summer any day. You can always add more layers, but there are only so many you can remove and still be able to go outside. Your winter snow scenes are beautiful, but I admit, they really DO look cold.

    That's a beautiful design on that sock. And the colors are stunning, too.

    I also like your hand dyed mug rugs. The owl you designed and linocut is totally awesome. You did an excellent job.

    Thanks so much for sharing your winter wonderland, your latest knitting project, your hand dyed mug rugs, and your coffee with us for T this week. I hope you don't think TOO badly of me because I am so incredibly late visiting.

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Beautiful snow photos. That's the way I like snow - in photos. Your sock yarn is beautiful. Your mug rugs are very cool. I love your linocut owl.

    Belated Happy T-day! Stay safe and well. Eileen xx

    AntwortenLöschen