Freitag, 15. Januar 2021

Paint Party Friday: Sloe Gin anyone?

 *LOL* Welcome to  Paint Party Friday! This was the title that came to my mind, when I drew this little bull finch sitting in a blackthorn. I love sloe gin, but it has been some years since I made some. Will paint this little guy in watercolor later.

 

Drew and painted some more critters this week. Like this blackbird.

My little blue tit got some color this week.

 
Also drew this crested tit. I haven't seen one in my garden for ages, but love these little garden clowns, looking so cute with their funny "hairstyle".

Another common garden bird around here is the song thrush.

 
I lately saw a documentation about hermines and their hunting strategies in winter, jumping around like crazy to scare mice and then catch them. So I had to draw one. And yes, they really look this angry all the time! *LOL*

 
 And since I'm not really done with winter and Christmas, I looked around Youtube for watercolor Christmas cards. I found this quick tutorial by Emma Lefebvre. Turned out very cute and will be on the ideas list for next Christmas.

 
Sharing this post for Paint Party Friday! Sorry for not being able to visit all of you last week. Will try my best to do it this week.



11 Kommentare:

  1. Das sind wunderschöne Zeichnungen wieder von den Vögeln und das Hermine ist so süss.
    Die Weihnachtskarte hast du auch toll gezeichnet, da hast du schon mal was!
    Pass auf dich auf, Grüsse Elke

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Beautiful drawings, love the blue tit. Anesha x

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Beautiful birds again. Happy PPF, Valerie

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Lovely drawings, looks like we are both doing the same subjects.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. More darling birds- I loved seeing one of them from last week again on PPF's page for this week!
    I have watched some of Emma's videos and they are really good. Nice to get a head's up for next Christmas- lovely painting. Happy PPF!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Your blackbird, thrush and hermine are my favourites!! Lovely drawings. Funny, I still have Christmas decorations hanging, I'm not done with the holidays either! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. I love your art and congratulation on being featured on PPF

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Sloe Gin, ah, brings back memories of a Sloe Gin Fizz. Your bird drawings are wonderful. I love watching the birds at the bird feeder. The leaves and berries will make a beautiful Christmas card. I still haven't finished putting all the Christmas decorations away. 😊

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Lovely birds, I thought the blue tit came out so well with the colours

    AntwortenLöschen