Samstag, 23. Januar 2021

Paint Party Friday: A bullfinch and Ralston Gudgeon

 A bit late for Paint Party Friday, but here I am! Hope all is well with you and you stay safe and healthy. Our lockdown here in Germany is extended to Feb 14th, so there is still much time for painting.

I turned lat week's bullfinch sketch into a watercolor and I really really like, how it turned out. There is still so much to learn, but this small motif is so much the style I want to paint.




Later this week, while I was searching for photos of flying birds for inspiration, I came across Scottish painter Ralston Gudgeon (1910-1984) and one of his paintings, a flying robin. Usually I'm not into copying other people's artwork, but I simply fell in love with this bird and had to paint my own version of it. It turned out lighter and more wintery than Mr. Gudgeon's version and I like it a lot. Ralston Gudgeon mostly painted British wildlife and was a member of the Royal Scottish Society of Painters in Watercolor (RSW). Lots of inspiration on their website, too, if you're into watercolors or like to see lovely art.

We expect some snow around here, so the weekend will be mostly spend on the sofa, interrupted by the daily walk DH and I do each day since the beginning of May 2020. Have a great weekend and make sure to visit all the other beautiful blog posts for this week's Paint Party Friday!

10 Kommentare:

  1. Beautiful birds, love the delicate colours! Happy PPF, Valerie

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Das sind zwei wunderschöne gemalte Vogelbilder. Du hast aber auch ein Talent Vögel zu malen!
    Schönes Wochenende wünsche ich dir!
    Lieben Gruss Elke

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. It's very pretty. Really like the colours you've chosen. I want to paint a bird. Will try. :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. I am so taken by your bird art, well all of your art, but you have really excelled in this. I am so in awe of you. Hugs my friend.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Two lovely watercolours, love the bullfinch, mine will be coming up shortly.

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. So beautiful! I love the colors and everything about them

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Sooo beautiful glad you shared with us

    AntwortenLöschen