Dienstag, 13. Februar 2024

T stands for....gin!

Do you like gin? I do. OK, most of the times, as there are big differences, like in any other drink, right. Thanks to my brother I discovered a delicious winter drink named "Glüh-Gin". It contains:


40 to 60 ml gin

250 ml apple and orange juice each

cinnamon

2 cloves

a bit of star anise

optional: lemon juice, ginger


Put the gin in a cup or glass. Mix the other ingredients in a pot and simmer on low heat for about 15-20 minutes. Pour over the gin and enjoy. You can decorate the cup with slices of orange and cinnamon sticks.

Last week I showed you some stamps I bought from a friend. I colored them now with colored pencils. Still need to try with watercolors. Hope you like.




Sharing with "T stands for...." by Bleubeard and Elisabeth.



10 Kommentare:

  1. Good to see the cardinal in red this week!
    best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I don't mind gin. I did order a gin and tonic a few weeks ago at a gathering that was 98% gin and 2% tonic and it was terrible. I ended up getting a glass of tonic and mixing it half and half, but I really didn't want 2 drinks to start with. Your winter gin drink sounds great though. And lovely cards too. Have a super T day. hugs-Erika

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. I've never thought of gin as being a warm beverage. Glüh-Gin sounds delicious! Love the stamps you colored. Happy T Day

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. I don't like gin. LOL Lovely art with the new stamps. Have a nice day today.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Früher, als ich regelmäßig nach London fuhr, habe ich oft mit meinen Freunden G&T getrunken, aber seitdem fast gar nicht mehr. Wein und Bier reichen mir (oh, was für ein netter Reim).
    Du inspirierst mich, einige meiner Stempel mal mit Aquarellfarben auszumalen. Es gefällt mir, wir du mit den Buntstiften gearbeitet hast - ich habe nicht wirklich gute und habe noch nicht gelernt, wirklich damit umzugehen.

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. To be honest, I have never had gin, but I don't really drink alcohol. The ingredients sound a bit like the Chai I once made, but without the tea.

    LOVE the colored bear and adorable cardinal. Thanks for sharing your gin drink and colored images with us for T this Tuesday, dear.

    Sorry I'm late visiting. I had to take Squiggles to the vet and we were there forever.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. I used to quite like a gin and tonic on a hot day but I don't really like the gin. It's quite a popular drink now though, lots of boutique gin businesses creating many different flavours of the stuff. Happy T Day! Elle xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. That sounds tasty! I love your art, too!

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. I love gin, but rarely drink it neat. I have gin and tonic a few times a week, when I'm at home (alone) in the evening. I might actually pour one now. My preferred brand is Tanqueray. I like all three variaties. The Seville (orangey) and Bombay (Lime) as well as the bog standard one.
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Das sind aber ganz besonders nette Karten, und, um die Frage on top zu beantworten. Nein, ich mag keinen Gin.
    Alles Liebe
    Violetta

    AntwortenLöschen