Dienstag, 20. Februar 2024

T stands for....gelli printing!

Hey there! How are you on T Day? Drinks ready?

Yesterday evening I felt the urge to disappear in the basement equipped with my gelli plate. During lunch break I watched some videos about botanical prints made with the gelli plate. I already tried my hand on this technique, but I wasn't happy with the outcome. So back to watch some videos and learn more, before giving it another try. Much more happy with yesterday's outcome.  The ghost print with the fish on top was an attempt on another technique, but I couldn't remember the single steps properly, so I failed.


Some close-ups. Here with different grass species.


A sedum flower and vetch leaves.


A sedum flower, grass and rose leaves.


A kind of "negative" print in two layers. First layer is a dark mix of colors, then overprinted with a lighter layer of color.


All these grasses, leaves and lovely flowers came from my garden. They remind of herbal tea. Do you like herbal teas (or infusions, if named correctly)? I drink them a lot, sometimes homegrown leaves directly from the garden or in teabags. The one below is among my favorites, a blend of peppermint and chamomile.
 

Sharing with "T stands for...."!

9 Kommentare:

  1. OMGosh these are gorgeous. I see no failures here. I so love that first closeup. The colors are mine and the shapes are fabulous. You have always had an eye and talent for wonderful art.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Wow, your botanical prints turned out so beautifully - love them 😊. Take care and wishing you a very Happy T Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Good morning these are amazing!! I am not familiar with this technique in the past I have done eco prints on papers and a bit on reclaimed silk shirts. I love your fish-no mistakes there-hugs Happy T

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Your prints are fantastic, well done! Mut get my gelli plate out again when I am back home. Have a happy T day, hugs, Valerie

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Your gelli printed botanical look amazing. You've inspired me to pull out my plate, but no botanicals since we have snow right now. But I loved looking at yours. Happy T day. hugs-Erika

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Diese Drucke mit der Gelli plate gefallen mir sehr gut. Die Pflanzen sehen so schön aus, ein bisschen träumerisch, romantisch. Ich wollte mich eigentlich mal mehr mit dieser Technik beschäftigen, aber außer ein paar Blättern habe ich nie viel gemacht.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. I begged for a gelli plate for three years and finally ended up buying one for myself. I've used it twice in five years. A waste of money on my part. You got some great prints. You must have a splendid garden.

    Nice to see your tea bag holder. I grow my own mint, too. At one time I had four different kinds. On the other hand, I am not a fan of chamomile. I grew it one year, but it never flowered. I'm also not fond of the taste.

    Thanks for sharing those marvelous gel prints and your tea with us for T this Tuesday.

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. These are just fantastic. I never was able to master gelli for anything beyond making some pretty wonderful background papers -- but nothing that "looked like it was." Lovely.

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. I think your prints are gorgeous! Happy T Day

    AntwortenLöschen