Freitag, 18. Dezember 2020

Paint Party Friday: Blockprinting gifts and another garden bird

 Hey everyone! A bit late for Paint Party Friday, but I'm busy in the gift workshop, printing tea towels to give as gifts. I finished three so far, besides other gifts, as these are the ones which need to be sent via mail to the recipients. I would have loved to hand over the gifts personally, but won't see the people this year for Christmas due to covid.So they will be sent wit a nice handmade card.

The sheep and flower one goes to very dear friends. The stamps are from a great little shop in the UK called The Arty Crafty Place. Check them out!

The one with the flowers and bees goes to a dear friend and coworker, who is having a hard time and needs some sunny yellow color in her life.

And the last one will be sent out to my godmother. A moon gazing hare. Love how this one turned out!
 
Then I made these two mug rugs from fabric scraps, that I used for testing a new tie dye color. Love the deep blue. I also got some new printing colors for dark fabrics and tested them on the mug rugs. Love how they turned out and I think, they will go to my office desk for my mugs  and water caraffe. The owl stamp is a handmade linocut by me. You might recognize it, as I used it earlier for some placemats, together with some other woodland animals.
 

 And in the middle of all the stamping, dyeing and sewing crazyness, I finished painting another garden bird. A nuthatch. Fun little birds! Love their coloring and slowly I'm getting better about where to "push" the watercolors with my paintbrush.

 
Sharing with Paint Party Friday! Come and have a look at all the other lovely artists and their work during our weekly blog hop!

7 Kommentare:

  1. These are all beautiful! Happy PPF, Valerie

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Lovely handmade gifts and a sweet bird!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Ohh these T towels are beautiful and they will be much appreciated. I really like the owls and the bird painting. You are so talented. Have a nice day.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Oh what really pretty tea towels and lovely personal gifts. I adore your sweet bird painting too! Happy PPF!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. fabulous painting of the nuthatch, one of my favourite birds.

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. All lovely and unique.

    by EAGHL
    https://trigra.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen