Dienstag, 24. November 2020

T stands for.....Tea and LEGO!

That's my "tea bucket". *LOL* As some of my readers might already know, I love and drink both, tea and coffee. This teapot was given to me by a coworker, as I sit far away from the kitchen and hate to walk back and forth for every cup of tea. So I got this and it holds 0,75 litres of tea, about 2 to 3 normal cups. And yes, I clean it every now and then. ;)


So what am I up to this week (and almost all the weeks since this pandemic thing started)? I'm playing with LEGO (and love to have a cup of tea, while I build). You may find that childish? Yes, it is and I love it! *LOL* To be honest, it's relaxing for me to build things with the 3-in-1 sets I have and that's all that counts for me. Plus it's a lot of fun. Especially if DH has the same crazy ideas in his head like me. :D
 
That's a shark from the deep sea creatures set. We found the "pilot" in one of the older sets, we still own from our childhood days.

 
We also have an underwater explorer set with roboters like this one. Also love the little ray, that came with it. You can usually build three models from one set, but there are websites like Rebrickable, where people share their "alternative builds" or "MOCs" (my own creation).

So you can have almost endless fun with one of these sets and also create your own models. That's a squid, one of the b-models from the deep sea creatures set.

And that's a frogfish, which can be built from the same set, too. His companion looks a bit sad. ;) From this set alone, people created over 100 alternative builds, so that's a lot of fun in a few stones, if you or your kiddos like playing with LEGO.

We laughed so hard about that little guy, because its eyes are placed on flexible mounts......


And last but not least, there is the most impressive model from the Fierce Creatures set, I got from DH for my birthday. The spider is HUGE, like 25 cm from leg to leg. Don't want to meet one in nature. *LOL*


So I hope you enjoyed my little LEGO excursion and had a cup of delicious tea while reading through it and all the other lovely posts for "T stands for....". What are you up to this week and what do you do to relax?

13 Kommentare:

  1. Wow, I thought my mug was large. It's 32 ozs and I drink at least four of them each day. My mug isn't nearly as lovely as your cup is, though. I had to laugh that you "clean it every now and then." Same with my mug.

    I've never owned LEGOs. It's good that you and your husband both enjoy them and you can build them together. Now that people know, you might get some for Christmas. You have created some good ones, too.

    Thanks for sharing your tea and your LEGOs with us for T this Tuesday, dear.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Fabulous post, glad you enjoyed your big cup of tea 😁. The Lego sounds very relaxing and what fun creations too - love it! Happy T Day wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Great assortment of Legos. Your tea looks good. Happy T-Day!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Good morning, you logos are awesome!! they have really changed since I was a kid. Happy T wishes Kathy

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Some of the Lego sets are extremely elaborate. And Legos are fun no matter what your age :) Happy T Tuesday!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. I love your Legos. My daughter and her beau love legos and have some big sets. I keep thinking I need to try a set. I like all of yours, but especially the deep sea fish. How cool. And your mug is lovely, and tea would be a good drink while you build. HAve a happy T day.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Oh what fun lego play!! I used to play with these all the time when our son was young and so into them:) Happy T day!

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. That is one large mug of tea! Your Leggo creations are fabulous and look like fun. Take care and Happy T Day

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. First that cup is awesome. I like the black and white. Hey, we should stay childish as long as we can. However, I like the Lego and your builds are pretty sophisticated.

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Wow, that's a huge cup of tea! It's a lovely mug.

    On Amazon, I ordered a 3-in-1 Lego dinosaur kit for my 5-year old nephew. It came today and I was very disappointed at how small the box was. So imagine my delight to read your "review" of the 3-in-1 Lego kits.

    The photos of your creations are wonderful. You made my day!

    Happy T-Day! Stay safe and stay well. Hugs, Eileen


    AntwortenLöschen
  11. I like a larger cup than normal. My cup holds probably almost 2 normal cups. I get favorite cups and they get bad looking. Every once in awhile I have to clean out with baking soda and scrub. :) I wonder why my teeth need cleaning 2 times a year! LOL Happy T Day!

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. That certainly is a big mug! I make tea in a pot and the pot sits beside me with a tea-cosy to keep it warm.
    You nade me smile with your Lego. I love Lego too and used to play with it as a child in the 50s. They only had the basic bricks then. I remember when the wheels came out and little windows to put in your houses. We (my sister and I) played endlessly. Lately I have been trying to watch LegoMasters on TV, but as I live abroad I cannot watch the English version, I have tried the Dutch one and the Belgian one, and Have managed to watch one of those too. I'm sure you would love that.
    Happy (belated) T-Day,
    Lisca

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. That certainly is a large cup! I have water in between my coffees so I wouldn't get through that much! I used to love playing with my son's and then my Grandchildren's lego. These look like good fun! Belated Happy T Day Chrisxx

    AntwortenLöschen