Mittwoch, 3. März 2021

Thursday Art Date with Rain: Creases

 Hey everyone! I hope you are all safe and healthy and already felt a bit of spring in your part of the world. Here we had some very warm days (after some freezing cold ones) and are now back to normal temps. But spring is just around the corner.

So when I read this week's theme "creases", it made me think of freshly hatched butterflies, which are all crinkled and creased, when they come out of the pupa. Peacock butterflies are very common in my area and I love them. But we had so few butterflies last summer, that I only saw cabbage whites. So sad! Need to put more flowers in my garden (more than I laready have *LOL*).

 
Peacock butterfly, 6B pencil on 90 grams sketching paper.

Sharing this post with the lovely artists at Thursday Art Date with Rain! Thanks for hosting, Rain!

 

9 Kommentare:

  1. Beautiful butterfly creases interesting how nature is full of creases.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Very nice drawing! The butterfly has beautiful creases ... the creases are beautiful ... even on a woman's face!
    Enjoy your day!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. How neat! What a wonderful subject to sketch for this week's prompt. I wouldn't have thought of a butterfly. :)

    Curious as a Cathy

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. A great idea from you with the hatching of the butterfly. Fabulous and beautiful drawing is that of it.
    remains alive and well, Elke

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. This is really beautiful. We don't have many butterflies or bees here. I try to grow things to bring the around too. Have a great day today.

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. I can almost see that magnificent butterfly unfold ready to spread it's wings. Now that's a great depiction of creases.
    Hugs Tracey x

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. What a beautiful springy idea ... I wish you had colored it so we could see her beautiful colors ... Peacock sounds magnificent. We don't have those where I live. You are the lucky one :)

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Your peacock butterfly is pretty Kokopelli :) Oh I would love to have more flowers in my garden to attract those lovely creatures!!!

    AntwortenLöschen