Dienstag, 2. März 2021

T stands for....fresh apple juice!

 Hello there, T gang! How are you? I missed out the last weeks, but am back now. Was not feeling like posting over the last two weeks. But here I am back to posting, hopefully regularly again.

So what was I up to the last weeks? I pulled out some more WIPs from my stash. For example this beautiful hexagon "blanket". I made 144 hexagons in 2016 (yes, that long ago!). So far I got 40 crocheted together. Took me a while to find a joining method I like.


I was translating the Frida's Flowers Blanket CAL for Stylecraft Yarns into German, together with a dear blogging friend, but had no intention to crochet the whole blanket. So I made only single flower hexagons in my own colorway to make a mathing cushion for the hexagon blanket.


These are all old photos, when I thought about how to join the hexies.


Also I did some gardening over the last weeks, harvesting what's left of the winter veggies, looking for signs of spring. My potted willow is showing its first catskins, being only two years old. I'm growing several bushes to built a stock for a hedgerow in our new garden. I have a bout 16 more potted, from maples over willows to privet and cherries and privet.

Here's a small maple, grown from a seed. Just put it into soil on Monday.


 I had another harvest of green kale. Yum!


Also due to the high temps the first of the solitary bees hatched.


We have a local farm, which sells veggies, fruit, beef and the most delicious apple juice in 5 litre containers. We just wento ver and bought another bag. A tasty treat!


13 Kommentare:

  1. Your crochet project looks very colorful! Those afghans are also very warm. We have a couple of them.

    be safe... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Your crochet hexagons are beautiful and great colours too. All our GSs love apple juice but I'm not too keen on it. I love to see catkins, how lovely to grow them yourself.
    Happy T Day
    Jan S

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. I love the flower hexagons. So colorful! I'm impressed you're able to grow a maple tree from seed. Supporting your local farmers also means fresher food. Nice! Happy T Tuesday!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. You have had a wonderful week. I am loving all the crocheting. The colors look beautiful. Lucky you to have garden time already also. Thanks so much for sharing. This post has a lot of spring time joy. Enjoy what's left to your T day. Hugs-Erika

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Wow you have been busy. All of the yarn work is just gorgeous. I too am getting my garden going. Wow a maple tree. That is impressive. Nothing like apples off the tree. Glad you are back. Hugs N

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. what pretty colors and patterns for your quilt. You sound like a very good gardener - plants, and bees! And that kale looks absolutely delicious. Enjoy, and happy T day!

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Wow, your crochet looks amazing! I love the way you laid them out in a rainbow of colours - beautiful 😁. So lovely to get some gardening done too, spring will soon be here! Take care and Happy T Day! Hugs, Jo x

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. I thought I left a comment earlier when I was here, but obviously I didn't because your post was right there on my screen when I returned. I apparently fell asleep before I could leave a comment.

    I like what you have done with those hexagons. That was a clever way to connect them. I also like the rainbow effect.

    Your bee hotel must have gotten some good use. I hope to make one this year, too. You are so lucky to have one.

    I also like kale, but have never tried to grow it here.

    Wow, you have a green thumb growing a maple tree from seed. I hope you have a bumper crop and the maples can be used as part of a hedgerow.

    That is a LOT of apple juice. I really like the container and would use it in my art. Thanks for sharing your crocheted hexagons, your kale, your maple, and your apple juice with us for T this Tuesday.

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Your hexies are SO pretty! I have always wanted one of those blankets as they are so colorful.
    What a wonderful harvest of kale. YUM!
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Wow that is a beautiful blanket.Have you finished it now? I like your joining method. That looks very neat. Show us the finished project please when you do finish it.
    Catkins are beautiful, and your maple seedling is lovely too. All signs of new life.But the bee hotel is the best of the bunch. great that the first guests have arrived.
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. Die Hexis sind ganz zauberhaft und fleissig im Garten warst Du auch schon! Hier ist es nachts noch frostig, daher werde ich damit noch ein bischen warten!
    Hab einen schönen Tag!
    ♥️ Allerliebste Grüße, Claudia ♥️

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. What a fabulous colourful post! Love the catkins! Your bee hotel may become busier soon! Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. The crochet is gorgeous and the flower hexies are so pretty. Sweet pussywillow. I have a vase of them from several years ago. I used them to hang student bookmarks on for an art show. Happy T Day

    AntwortenLöschen