Freitag, 21. Dezember 2018

Paint Party Friday: Lioness

Today I'll share with you my variations on a drawing I did back in 2011 during the 52 weeks of Drawing Lab 2011. I had lots of fun back then with learning to draw, trying out different techniques etc. (BTW, Miss Jeannie, I miss you!) So here's the lioness I drew back then. Isn't she majestic? Like Mama Africa.



Then a quote from the song "Read all about it" by Emeli Sandé came to my mind.



The drawing, yes, I like it, but the lettering..........nope! So back to practice some handlettering.


Much better, isn't it? Love the fake calligraphy effect on the writing. Also pulled out my crayons to give it some color. But now I'm missing my fixative spray. Got lost somwhere in my workshop.



Here's another version of the lioness with my pencil ink brush/pocket brush, which I found while searching for art materials. Also added a bit of color to this, but it doesn't show really well in the photo. 





9 Kommentare:

  1. Very nicely done my friend. You are so talented.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Wonderful lion and love the quotes. Happy PPF. Ich wünsche Dir ein frohes Fest, Alles Liebe, Valerie

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Love your bold and beautiful lion. And try to live as he/she 😁
    Happy Christmas season to you 😘

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. such a beautiful lioness, and I love seeing all the variations too. Happy PPF!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. I love her and I do find that we are our own harshest critics when it comes to handwriting in art. I often cheat and add it digitally! Happy PPF from Number 19 :D

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. I enjoy all your different versions of the lion! Happy PPF!

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. What a fabulous lion pose, great for using as the focal piece of your mixture of medias.
    Wishing you a happy PPF & Merry Christmas Tracey

    AntwortenLöschen