Donnerstag, 28. Juni 2012

Kleiner euliger Freund/Little Owly Friend

Heute hat meine Kunst mal wieder die Leinwand verlassen und ihren Weg zu einem anderen Werkstoff gefunden: Leder (mal wieder ;)). Ich habe einige Eulen gezeichnet, die ich letzten Freitag gezeigt habe und eine habe ich nun verwendet, um eine Messerscheide zu verzieren.

Today my art left the canvas again and found its way onto another material: leather (again ;)). I did some owl drawings I shared with you last Friday and took one of them for decorating a knife sheath.


Ich habe das Original kopiert und die Zeichnung dann mit schwarzem Stift vereinfacht, weil man auf Leder keine allzu detaillierten Sachen verwenden kann, zumindest nicht in der Größe.

I copied the original and simplified the drawing with a black pen. On leather one can't use any design too detailed, especially not in this small size.



Die Messerscheide war bei einem gekauften Messer dabei (etwaige Schleichwerbung bitte ich zu übersehen ;)) und sie war irgendwie unpersönlich. Anstatt eine neue zu nähen, habe ich sie etwas ,,gepimpt". Die Eule hat perfekt auf die Messerscheide gepaßt.

Besucht auch die anderen Teilnehmer beim Paint Party Friday!

The knife sheath came with a knife I bought lately (sorry for the brand name in the pic ;)) and it was way to unpersonal for me. But instead of making a new one I "pimped" the bought one. The owl head fitted perfectly on the sheath.

I'm sharing this with my friends over at Paint Party Friday. Happy PPF!

15 Kommentare:

  1. Loving your beautiful owl engraving. Happy PPF, Annette x

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Terrific work in leather. And you uses the knife for? Curious. My husband would like this.
    HPPF!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. No, Lynn, I burnt the design into the leather. And the knife I use mostly outdoors camping, barbecue, archery etc.

      Löschen
  3. That is a cool design, love the owl, and you made a nice job on the leather :o)

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. I love the idea that you personalized with your artwork something that you use regularly. Happy PPF!

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Wow Fabulous Fabulous Fabulous. I love your leather tooling.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Your owl is absolutely wonderfully done ~~ thanks, ^_^ (A Creative Harbor)

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. I love the owl- so wonderful!
    Happy PPF,
    Stephanie

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Great job on the owl. Now my question is what are you going to use that knife for?

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Beautiful work. What a wonderful way to make the sheath your own.

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. the owl looks so fierce!! great job on the sheath too :D

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. Gorgeous case. It´s very cool to be able to personalize an onbject like that.

    AntwortenLöschen