Samstag, 6. August 2011

Asien/Asia

Scheint so, als fühlte ich mich in letzter Zeit zu asiatischen Designs und Gesichtern hingezogen, angefangen mit meiner Drachenzeichnung und einem der bekanntesten Portraits von Steve McCurry.

Seems like I'm drawn to Asian designs and faces lately. The Asian journey began with a drawing of a dragon and went on with the reproduction of one of the most famous portraits of Steve McCurry.

Für die Mandala-Session in Woche 29 habe ich dieses Yin-Yang-Mandala gezeichnet. Es ist kein klassisches Mandala, aber ich mag es sehr.

For the Mandala session for week 29 I drew this Yin and Yang Mandala in black and white. It's not a classic mandala, but I have to say I like the idea.



Als nächstes habe ich diesen kleinen Mönche gezeichnet. Ist der nicht süß?
Next one is this colored drawing of a little Buddhist monk. Isn't he cute?


Diese Zeichnung einer Geisha habe ich sehr genossen, besonders das Makeup auf ihrem Gesicht. Und ich muß immer noch über ihren Gesichtsausdruck lachen.

I enjoyed drawing thsi portrait of a Geisha so much. I think the most fun was drawing her face with the heavy makeup. And I so love the look on her face, which makes me laugh.





(All drawings by Kokopelli Design, 2011. All photographs by Steve McCurry.)

2 Kommentare:

  1. Love the multiple yin and yang design! It's unique to see the icon enclosed in black and white circles.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Wow you are really getting good at this. I too love Asian culture.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    AntwortenLöschen