Donnerstag, 15. Oktober 2020

Thursday Art Date with Rain: Supernatural

I had to think hard about, what "Supernatural" means to me. I'm still not sure. But sometimes the full moon has a supernatural beauty. So I sketched out another moon gazing hare. Some time soon I need to finally make some watercolors from my gazillion sketches. *LOL* 


Last month I already made these linoprint cards from my hare motif. It was the first one I tried to cut in linoleum, after doing that for the last time in school.


I think there must have been a lot of supernatural sightings and events in our ancestors lives. Like meteor sightings or the behavior of animals. I sketched this raven last year and added a verse from the Grimnismal, a mythological poem from the Poetic Edda.


I really liked how the raven turned out and I'm also a big admirer of Sue Coleman's art. I didn't want to copy one of her works exactly, so I went more with the Celtic style to illustrate the mirrored raven. Ravens are very intelligent animals and sometimes their skills seemed to be "supernatural", too.





8 Kommentare:

  1. Oh wow. You are SUPER creative. I'm truly impressed with the bunny and the moon, but that linoprint is out of this world. Not only do you draw well, you carve well, too. These hares are amazing.

    I also like your ravens. I can't say it enough how clever you are and how well you draw and sketch.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. True, there are enough of these things, but I'm not for something so scary, I suffered enough as a child.
    Your drawings are beautiful, you drew great!
    Have a happy day, Elke

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Very very interesting pieces
    Happy Thursday

    Much💛love

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Wonderful supernatural examples and very creative.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. The raven sketches are very well done.
    Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. I already told you how much I like the rabbit. Good positioning. The spirit rabbits I have always liked as well. However, the ravens are AMAZING!!!! Well done my friend. Enjoy your day.

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. I really love your sketches, especially the linoprint hares...they're so neat. And your mirrored raven, wow, that is really cool! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Oh my goodness ... they are all awesome. Your Linoprint is amazing and how you cut such clean lines in linoleum is a mystery (supernatural:) to me. I love the Raven and the crows. They are extremely intelligent and fun to watch. This was a great post ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    AntwortenLöschen