Donnerstag, 10. September 2020

Thursday Art Date with Rain: Eyes and Ears

 For my Thursday Art Date with Rain and this week's theme "Eyes and Ears" I watched a Youtube video on how to draw a horse eye. I only had a B1 pencil with me, but did my best.

Why a horse eye you ask? I love horses. They are my favorite animals, since I was a kid and I think I inherited this love for horses from my maternal grandfather. His father bred Trakehner horses for the Army back in the days (a very long time ago). I still have b/w photos from these days and from the horses. Might share them on here one day.

So here's my horse eye!



7 Kommentare:

  1. Good effort. Maybe you can try drawing a whole horse for next time.

    Thanks for stopping by blog. Have a lovely day.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. What a great idea ... and I too love horses, but don't have the history that you have to back it up. It just is ... maybe because I love animals and horses were a part of my life as a child. But your eye is perfect ... now if you added a little color we could tell more about the horse :) Nice, thoughtful post ...

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. how nice to choose an eye from a horse. Love it!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Hi Kokopelli :)) Sorry I'm late visiting this week! I think you did a fine job on your horse eye. I find animal eyes very difficult to draw, well, ALL eyes...facial features...it's something I need to practice. Oh btw, I used my masking marker and like you, it kind of ripped my paper a bit when I tried to remove it. Still though, I really liked the control and I'm definitely going to use it some more! :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. I apologize for not visiting last week. I really meant to but you know how it goes I got busy doing this and then that and before I knew what happened I forgot. Miserable excuse, I know, but here I am at last! How very cool to see a single horse eye. You did a lovely job. Now, to see the rest of him! :) Have a doodletastic day!

    AntwortenLöschen