Montag, 26. Februar 2024

T stands for....notepads from recycling materials!

Last week I showed you some gelli prints I made. I LOVE making them, but....

WTH SHOULD I USE THEM FOR? I'm not a collage girl, so that wasn't it. As a background for my watercolors? Too busy most of the time. But then during the weekend, it hit me like a hammer. I follow a lady over on Blueskyand she makes the most wonderful notepads, sketchbooks etc. from recycling materials.

So here we go. I lately rescued some large desktop calendars from the office paper bin. Lots and lots of white unused paper with a calendar from 2012. Cut off the calendar and you have enough paper to fill hundreds of little notepads and sketchbooks.

I found a cutting wheel in my stash, that can cut perforated lines. Perfect! 


For the cardboard to make the covers durable, I used cardboard envelopes, packages from tea bags or the cardboard pieces, that come with t-shirts or undies. I even saw someone use the packages from tablets or C tests. They all get covered with nice papers, so it doesn't matter.


I used my prints on the outside and added some stamps to add more interest. For the inside I used old gift wrapping paper or the not so nice prints/ghost prints.


That was a botanical print, that turned out not so nice.


I made five notepads with perforated pages, so you can rip them out. When the paper is all used up, you an always cut the thread binding and add new paper, just in case you like the cover too much to throw away. I used a mix of bought and handmade stamps to decorate the notepads.


The 5th notepad was decorated with a feather print. One of the favorites from my very first printing session.


Nice contrast and the feather seems to float above the surface.


And with a good cup of milk coffee, all the cutting and glueing and sewing is easy. :)
 


12 Kommentare:

  1. What a terrific idea. And a great way to use up past art in a lovely, functional way. (After all, you can only use so many bookmarks, my repurposing method!). I love them all -- your textures are terrific.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. What a beautiful way to use your prints and anyone recieving those notecards is in for a treat 😊. Loving your stunning designs - perfect! Happy T Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Your notepads and books are awesome. What a great way to use up materials. Happy T Day

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. What a great way to use your art! (and recycle paper). I suppose you could sell them on Etsy.
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Ohhh you are brilliant! I love when an idea comes and then gets done. How fun. These are just beautiful. Art just makes life happy.

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. You had me at recycling. Recycling is my middle name (not really, but close). I love what you made from your gel prints and stamps. That feather is over the top!!

    Your milk coffee looks a lot like mine. It's perfect for T Tuesday, too. Thanks for sharing your recycled books and milk coffee with us for T this Tuesday!

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Fabelhafte Idee, gut gemacht. Happy T day, Valerie

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. These are fun views of how you used your Gelli prints. I enjoyed seeing them, and love how you reeccyled the old calendars. And coffee milk is one of my favorite drinks. :) I hope it was a wonderful T day. hugs-Erika

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. Was für eine schöne Idee! Das gefällt mir wirklich gut, so ein Notizblöckle ist eine feine Sache. Die Drucke sind hübsch - die Feder ist wirklich was Besonderes, aber mir gefallen auch die vier anderen. Und sogar die, die du als "nicht so gut" bezeichnet hast.

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Hi, Kokopelli! I love the little notebooks you made from recycled materials. That's very clever! Those would make nice gifts. I try to reuse and repurpose items as much as possible. I also try to reduce what I buy, which is most important. Here's to coffee (with cream, my weakness!). Have a great rest of the week!

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. I really love how these all turn out. You get and idea and run with it. Very pretty. Have a nice evening.

    AntwortenLöschen