Donnerstag, 22. Oktober 2020

TAG TUESDAY: All Hallows' Eve

I'm so sad I missed out for last fortnight's theme of "Trees", but life got in the way and there was no chance to create something with my linocut stamps I made for printing Christmas cards and tags. But here's a little test print I made earlier this year.

I'm definitely not a "spooky" kind of girl, doing costume parties or "trick and treat", but I definitely love the idea, that on All Hallows' Eve the gates to the world of the death are open. Might be childish, but I would have a lot of fun meeting up with my grandparents or some other people, who are no longer with us on this earth. Would you like to talk to someone, who already passed away? A dear friend, a family member, a great scientist?

But enough of that. Here's my Halloween tag. I took my brush pens and tried out a tip I read somewhere. First use the brush pens and then go over the ink with a waterbrush. Worked fine to blend the colors. And I love how the little bat turned out.


For my birthday this week, my coworkers gave me this little bat box, that can be hung onto a tree or a house wall and where bats can sleep during the day. So maybe soon, once our house is built I can have my own bats in the garden. How fun is that? Love those little night creatures.






10 Kommentare:

  1. This is the first thing we don't have in common I love spooky, scary, thrilling, and so on. However, I like cute and happy too. Your tag is just that. Enjoy your day.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. We can't have everything in common, right? Sometimes other find things scary, that I enjoy. Like bats for example. Makes some of my friends cringe to imagine them flying around their head at night. *LOL*

      Löschen
  2. Wonderful tag, thanks for joining us at Tag Tuesday. Happy belated birthday, enjoy your bat box! Valerie

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. your pumpkin and bat are both great! thanks for linking to tag tuesday! xo

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Lovely card and Halloween Tag :O)
    Happy weekend to you,
    Hugs, Claudia xo

    AntwortenLöschen