Freitag, 14. August 2020

Paint Party Friday: 10 Minute Warm-ups and Handlettering

 Hello and happy PPF to you all!

I was busy with art again this week and enjoyed it, although we have a heatwave atm and I'm not in the mood to do much. But maybe this heat keeps me inside and away from my yard, so I have the time to draw and paint.

For my daily drawing routine I continued with the "10 minute warm-ups".


Monday I did a little handlettering, as I felt the need to express some gratitude for so many things in my life. To say a little "thank you" every now and then to family, friends, co-workers etc., I made those little thank you notes. Love how they turned out.


An FB friend posted a little video on how to paint an ice cream cone with watercolor. Gave it a try and it was fun. Something cool during this heat!



That quickly escalated and I did some more.

Love this style of painting with watercolors and then afterwards adding details to it with an ink pen.



Love all three of them together. Stay cool, if you have a heatwave at your place, too.




Sharing with Paint Party Friday! Make sure to visit my fellow artists for PPF!


28 Kommentare:

  1. Beautiful art, especially the 'cool'pieces, just right for this hot weather! beautiful lettering, too. Happy PPF, Valerie

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you, Valerie! I'd do anything to keep cool in this weather.

      Löschen
  2. That owl is simply wonderful - full of life and movement. The ice-cream and ice-lollies look delicious! Happy PPF!
    Alison x

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you! I try to recreate her in watercolors. Maybe I'll share on Friday, but not sure, if she's ready by then.

      Löschen
  3. Heat and humidity here too! Love your cool art! I’ve been painting cold things as well. It helps!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks, Barbara! The weather is no fun right now. So I'm trying anything to keep cool.

      Löschen
  4. You have been busy. Love the owl and with your hot days the ice cream art is perfect.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks, Nicole! Wishing you some hot days at your place. :)

      Löschen
  5. Super looking owl drawing. Love the ice cream illustrations- light and cooling too:)
    And your cards- wow- they are really beautiful. Happy PPF!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Delicious and beautiful art 😍🍦

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. I've been eating a lot of ice cream lately and seeing your paintings reminded me that I've not had any today but I'm going to try and resist the temptation.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. We had some real ice cream over the last days, too. Yum!

      Löschen
  8. Oh so lovely bird sketch and your ice cream artwork looks good enough to eat ^_^

    Live each moment with love,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. your lettering is so good... I want to improve my lettering but it always just looks so messy...
    LeeAnna

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Oh, don't ask me about handlettering.......managed to ruin more than one piece with my lettering attempts. Slowly getting better, but only with a lot of practice.

      Löschen
  10. That warm up is ready to turn to a actual art piece... a cool post!! 😀

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks, Ira!! I'll recreate the owl in watercolors, so stay tuned. Not sure, if it will be finished for this week's PPF.

      Löschen
  11. I love the owl! Great sketch! Oh the ice cream, those turned out so well! I did popsicles at some time during the summer, it's really fun to do with watercolours! Danke for sharing! ;)

    AntwortenLöschen