Donnerstag, 12. November 2020

Thursday Art Date with Rain: Points and Dots

I missed out some weeks on Thursday's Art Date with Rain, as I had two weeks off, lacking inspiration and the "spooky" things weren't really my thing. But "Points and Dots" gave me some ideas and techniques I wanted to try for long, but only had the time for one.

It's a nuthatch, I drew earlier this year. I printed out the sketch (I usually scan or photograph all my sketches) and added dots and lines with my brush pens. Fun, but shading is tricky and it takes a lot of time to make the "dotting" look nice. ;)


I watched online videos like this one on how to do one of those beautiful mandala rocks with dots, but didn't have the time to try this week.


3 Kommentare:

  1. How did I miss this? Like you would know ha ha ha. I love this little dot bird. Great piece.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. So very sorry I missed this. It is a really lovely nuthatch you created using pointillism. This is a real beauty and I absolutely LOVE the shading you got, too. Difficult, but well worth the extra effort, dear.

    AntwortenLöschen