Freitag, 25. September 2020

Paint Party Friday: Birds and more linocuts

 Hello and welcome for Paint Party Friday! First I'd like to thank you all so much for the lovely comments on my woodland animals from last week. Your kind words are appreciated! You don't know how much.

 So what's up for this week's PPF? Birds! Since I was born, my family has pet birds and at the age of three or four (maybe younger) I got my very own budgie, a green one, with a lovely character and he died at the age of 15 (yes, he got that old!). Since then I always had a pair of lovebirds, first Roseyfaced Lovebirds and then Fischer's Lovebirds. So of course I love birds!

Say hello to Amelia (always in the front) and Erhard (guess whom they named after *LOL*), my sweet Fischer's Lovebirds, who share our home. Don't worry about Amelia's missing feathers on her head. The "problem" is, that Erhard loves her so much, that he always nibbles on her head and neck and she lets him. Can't separate them! That's why they are called lovebirds.


So what did I draw this week? Birds of course. But more garden birds. Here's a quick pencil sketch of a nuthatch.


Added some color with watercolor pencils.


And then two wrens. Wasn't happy with my first one, as itididn't look wren-like to me. So this little guy seems to be a bit angry and is yelling at someone.


This one looks a bit worried and sad. Would love to a linocut from one of them.


And last but not least I finished the linocut of the wild boar. The African swine flu reached Germany two weeks ago, as they found it in a dead wild boar, and it threatens the existence of many farmers, but might change the view of how much meat we really need to consume and produce (we can have hope, right?). Nevertheless do I love wild boars. So here's my version in linocut. No test print yet, but I thought about making an art piece for my office.


Have a great weekend filled with creativity, time with your loved ones and maybe good food! Stay safe and Happy PPF!

 

11 Kommentare:

  1. Nice work on the lino-cut, love those love-birds! Have a great weekend, Valerie

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. i love this one the birds drawn!
    how cute your lovebirds. As long as it doesn't stand there without a spring, it's still possible.
    Have a good weekend an Stay safe, Elke

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Stunning birds. Have a nice weekend.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Wonderful drawings!
    Hapy weekend to you!
    Love and hugs, Claudia xo

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Beautiful birds and linocut. I enjoyed the story of your lovebirds

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Lovely bird sketch. Did that little piggy go to market☺

    Much💜love

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. You are so talented in so many venues and I am happy that I have seen most of them during the years we have known each other. The birds are amazing. Great detail and character in each one. The lino cut is awesome. Enjoy your day.

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Such wonderful art! Love it all. I'd like to see a print from the pig too.
    I'm a bird-lover too-always have been. My Mom says I had geese on the bassinet I was in when I was a baby-and that I'd coo to them. That was the start of a long (I'm 65) love affair with birds. We have one goose and one Ring-necked dove.

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. oh! aren't they wonderful! The drawing and painting capture the energy of your birds

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Your birds are entirely delightful - so full of life and character. Happy PPF!
    Alison x

    AntwortenLöschen