Freitag, 24. Juli 2020

Paint Party Friday: The Wren, The Gecko and The Badger

Lately I came across several websites offereing online drawing tutorials for a wide range of themes. If you followed me for some time, you know I love to draw wildlife. I often have the problem, that the proportions of my animals aren't right. So I tried some of the tutorials, starting with simple shapes like ovals or cicles and some lines.


First drawing was a wren. To me it doesn't look really "wren-like", but I like it. Maybe give it another try later.



Next one was a gecko. We LOVE geckos, at least since we visited Italy on a regular base and were able to watch them at a friend's house, where they live on the walls. They are so fun! And the best thing about them is (besides there ability to walk on walls and ceilings), that they eat flies and other bugs.


I also made a little handlettering sign to hang besides the two sketches.


Last one is a European badger. He turned out more like a comic character than a real animal, but turned out so cute!


Sharing with Paint Party Friday! The tutorials I used can be found at Drawingtutorials101 and Dragoart. Make sure to visit my fellow artists for PPF!


18 Kommentare:

  1. The drawings are lovely, well done, have fun! Valerie

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. These are all great, beautiful drawings!
    Happy PPF, Elke

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. These are so lovely! Thanks for notifying me on my PPF linky error.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you! You're welcome. Thought I'd mention it, just in case you wondered why no one visited and left a comment.

      Löschen
  4. These look good to me but I don't draw enough animals to judge.

    Have a lovely day.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Nice drawings. I did an online coloured pencils course, its fun and so much i formation and tips for better drawings
    Happy PPF

    Much👩‍🎨love

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Oh, sounds funt, too. And yes, courses mostly have great tips!

      Löschen
  6. super sketches! And I think your bird does look like a wren- it's great. Happy PPF!

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. these are adorable, looks like perfect proportions to me! Happy PPF!

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Ohhhh there is nothing wrong with these proportions. What tutorials did you take?

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. They are linked at the end of my blog post. :) Thank you!

      Löschen
  9. Nice sketch of friendly look creatures.
    PPF

    AntwortenLöschen